Based in Lake St. Louis, the American Poolplayers Association (APA) is the world’s largest amateur pool league. With over 250,000 members throughout the United States, Canada, Japan, and Singapore the APA awards over $2 million in guaranteed prize money every year during the APA national championships in Las Vegas. In the APA, Everyone Can Play…Anyone Can Win, even you!
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports, including obtaining appropriate approvals. The Accounts Payable Associate maintains vendor records, inventory, assists in the monthly close and year-end audit, and supports the Controller and greater financial accounting team with projects as necessary.
Essential DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares weekly payments via Automated Clearing House (ACH) and/or check.
- Resolves issues or concerns with vendors pertaining to payment and disbursement.
- Ensures payments are made in a timely manner and invoices are handled correctly.
- Works with other departments in regards to payment to vendors.
- Enters information for invoices as needed.
- Maintains, analyzes, and reconciles accounts payable ledger accounts.
- Develops, directs, plans, and evaluates accounts payable policies and procedures, and ensures external and internal controls and policies are adhered to.
- May act as backup for other positions in the department.
- Reviews vendor statements and communicates with vendors regarding payment status. Sets up new vendor accounts, including obtaining W-9s, and maintains vendor accounts in the system.
- Inventory Accounting
- General Ledger Accounting
- Manages the annual 1099 process.
- Responsible for calculating and remitting periodic state sales tax and income tax payments.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 3-4 weeks per year in order to assist with our national tournaments.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Experience with Dynamics-SL and Google Docs is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of basic accounting (debits and credits)
- Accounts Payable experience required
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off for vacation, holiday and sick time
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
APA is an Equal Opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.