Official Team Manual
APA/CPA Official Team Manual for League Years 2023/2024, 2024/2025 & 2025/2026
Many billiards enthusiasts are unfamiliar with the unwritten rules of pool etiquette. Breaking one of these rules can result in arguments and hard feelings between players and teams. Please show good sportsmanship and common courtesy to both your opponents and the Host Location by observing these basic etiquette guidelines:
• Treat your opponent as you would like to be treated.
• Wish your opponent good luck before the match begins.
• Stay away from the table and out of your opponent’s line of sight when they are shooting.
• Do not engage your opponent in conversation while they are shooting.
• Call your own fouls – do not wait for a foul to be called on you, or to be asked if you committed a foul. Players with integrity call their own fouls and tell their opponent when they have ball-in-hand, or hand their opponent the cue ball.
• Pay attention to your match.
• Be ready to shoot when it is your turn.
• Do not break down your cue until your match is over.
• If you are expected to play the next match, have your cue and enough money for the table (if needed) ready.
• Begin your match as soon as the previous match is over.
• Observe all time guidelines.
• Show respect to your opponent, win or lose.
Cheering for your teammate is part of the fun, but don’t root against your opponent. Observing these guidelines and displaying good sportsmanship helps ensure a fun and competitive evening of
Without our Host Locations, there would be no APA Leagues. Host Locations have the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time. APA cannot require a Host Location to host a team or to let specific individuals in the door. Remember you are the Host Location’s guest. Please follow these basic guidelines:
• Be courteous and polite to the staff.
• Always respect the equipment – table, balls, cues, etc.
• Be knowledgeable of, and adhere to, House Rules.
• Take care not to dig the tip of your cue when breaking.
• Do not slam balls or bang cues on the floor or table.
• Do not set drinks on the pool tables.
• Never smoke at the table.
• Do not sit on the rails.
• Be aware of your surroundings. If someone is in the way of a shot, wait for them to move or politely ask them to move.
• Unless Host Location policy allows it, never bring in outside food or beverages.