Are you a WordPress professional who loves sports? You should check out this opportunity!
The American Poolplayers Association, the world’s largest organization of recreational pool leagues, is looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer/Designer to join our creative team. We want someone who can help us take full advantage of what WordPress offers and leverage it to meet our needs for our 25,000 daily site visitors. We are expecting this person to have a strong understanding of not only how to use WordPress for creating and managing content but strong technical skills in administering enterprise level WordPress installations to keep them secure and healthy. We are looking for a senior level person who wants to come on board and be apart of a strong team and who can hold their own.
Required Duties, Aspects & Skills:
- Work with our in-house Marketing Team as well as key staff to execute design and functionality
- Lead all SEO efforts to ensure the best search performance
- Experience creating strong landing pages and funnels
- Have a strong sense of style and design, a sports-themed background is a big plus
- Be proficient in executing strong page designs with ease
- Ensure site architecture is effective and adheres to the best industry standards
- Ensuring high-performance and availability and managing all technical aspects of the CMS including optimized images and markup
- Suggest and implement new themes, plugins, and technology
- Be a part of a strong team who only focus on solving problems and creating great work
- Is fluent in creating HTML and CSS
- Strong experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent design skills
- Fantastic communication skills
- eCommerce/WooCommerce experience a plus
- Divi Theme experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- A great attitude and desire to work in a real team atmosphere
- Some travel is required
As the World’s Largest Pool League, American Poolplayers Association (APA) has a unique business model that brings the people who are passionate about pool together with those who want to be social and have fun into a perfect mix of sports-themed entertainment. Our offices are located in Lake Saint Louis, MO, right on the lake. We have a very relaxed atmosphere to work in and we believe in a healthy work/life balance. The APA is a family owned and operated business. The sense of family is very strong given that the average tenure of our employees is 10+ years.
We have two WordPress installations hosted on our own VM at WPEngine. One is a public facing installation at domain poolplayers.com and the second is a private site that is secured by a custom security plugin that requires authentication to access. The private installation is a private support website for our franchisees.
There are a myriad of projects we want to approach including:
- Adding an ecommerce solution on public site and coordinating with our internal team
- Revamping our support site to a more contemporary model that emphasizes self help
- Improve SEO performance of public site as well as implement SEO competitor analysis
- Better facilitation of content and site design
- Optimizing search results on private site that uses WPSearch plugin
- Optimize media library and make suggestions for site health
- Work with internal Marketing team on site designs and funneling
- Work with Customer Service team on messaging flows
- Improve the “print-friendliness” of sites
- Advise and help improve site stability and reliability
But wait there’s more!
In addition, our creative team is responsible to produce lots of great content including live professional level video streaming, event production, merchandising, ecommerce, social media, software development, etc… So there will be many opportunities to step into other roles from time to time. This position will offer some variety and fun.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please apply at our job listing on Indeed.