APA Junior Championships
Dress Code For Participation
The APA expects a participant’s appearance to be neat, clean and of good taste so that each individual may share in promoting a positive, healthy and safe atmosphere within the Tournament.
Participant dress, grooming and good hygiene will be the responsibility of the individual and parents/guardians, within the following guidelines:
- Dress and grooming will be clean and in keeping with health, sanitary and safety requirements.
- Proper footwear must be worn.
- Items of clothing or jewelry associated with a controlled substance are not permitted.
- Dress and grooming will not disrupt the Tournament or cause undue attention to an individual participant.
- The following items are not allowed:
- house shoes or slippers
- muscle shirts, basketball jerseys, halter tops, midriffs, backless or racerback apparel, sagging pants, gym shorts, sweat pants, yoga pants, short shorts above mid-thigh (undergarments cannot be exposed including boxers and bra straps)
- clothing, stickers, insignias, colors, visible tattoos that indicate membership in, affiliation with, or support of any gang or similar organization associated with violence, drugs, intimidation or other criminal activity (including rebel flags and swastikas)
- clothing which promotes drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and/or its products
- clothing with sexually suggestive messages, messages that promote the occult, or messages of vulgar nature
- clothing with holes above mid-thigh or exposing undergarments
- jewelry and chains that may be used as a weapon or that present a safety concern
When, in the judgment of the Tournament Director, a participant’s appearance or hygiene disrupts or mode of dress does not comply with the above criteria, the participant may be required to make modifications and/or forfeit their match.
Semifinal & Final Matches
The attire for the semifinal and final matches will be nice casual. Hats, denim shorts and blue jeans are also not allowed.