Become a Member of the APA!
Having fun, meeting new people and playing pool is what the APA is all about.. You don’t have to be a pool shark, because in the APA — everyone can play and anyone can win. The APA wants beginners and novices, because it is the AMATEUR Poolplayers Association. No other organization in pool gives ordinary players a chance to win a share of nearly $1.5 MILLION guaranteed cash and prizes paid out through its national tournaments.
How does the APA do it? It uses The Equalizer® handicap system to determine the amount of games a player has to win in order to capture the match. It allows a novice to win less games than a more-skilled opponent to win a match.
Why join the APA?
- $1 Million in guaranteed prize money at our championship events.
- You can choose your game and your division! Team 8-Ball (Open Division or Ladies only) and Team 9-Ball; singles formats are available.
- The Equalizer® handicap system allows players of all abilities to compete on an equal level.
- Men and women welcome at all levels of competition.
- APA membership makes a weekly fun night out for friends, families and co-workers.
- APA membership costs just $30 (plus sales tax if applicable).
- Save big with APA national discounts.
- Receive a discount off the entry fee in the U.S. Amateur Championship.
Membership in the American Poolplayers Association entitles you to:
- Receive official membership materials.
- Qualify for APA League play wherever an organized APA League is active.
- Play in any APA sanctioned League or League Tournament for which you qualify, including the Team and Singles Championships.
- Receive trophies and other awards for which you qualify.
- Receive national and local participating merchant discounts.
- Participate in other special events for APA members
Being an APA Member has its advantages! Click here to see the National Discounts included with your membership in the APA.
Must be 18 years of age to play in APA Leagues!