The World’s Largest Pool Tournament
October 21-30, 2021* in Las Vegas
The culmination of weekly APA League play is the 8-Ball World Championship and 9-Ball World Championship, which make up the APA World Pool Championships, held at the Westgate Las Vegas.
*Due to the uncertainties surrounding Covid-19, and it’s potential impact on this event, all dates and times are subject to change.
*All Canadian Poolplayers Association (CPA) members should contact their Local League Operator before making travel arrangements.
APA 8-Ball World Championship
October 21-26, 2021*
This event is open to any combination of men and women, with a 1st Place prize of $25,000.
APA 9-Ball World Championship
October 25-30, 2021*
This event is open to any combination of men and women, with a 1st Place prize of $15,000.
Competition is played on 3 ½’ X 7′ Valley Panther ZD-11 or Cougar 93 tables with Mercury Ultra cloth, standard size pockets, and either Valley Supreme or Ridgeback rails. The ball set is Aramith Premier 2 ¼” using the Valley Cougar cue ball. A Modified Single Elimination Format that allows every team the opportunity to play at least twice before being eliminated. All qualified teams receive $350 when they register at the event.
Airline Policies Information | HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates for the 2021 Event?
Please see event dates above.
My team was qualified for the 2020 World Pool Championships. Can we change our roster?
Roster changes must be a result of need and must go through your Local League Operator. We will not allow roster changes because the team would prefer to have a better lineup. The basic minimum criteria for roster changes is as follows:
- Players being considered must have 20 scores in the format, in the last two years.
- They must be the same skill level or lower than the player they are replacing.
- Player must be active, in the format, in the 2021 Spring Session
- Teams must maintain 4 original members of the original qualified roster.
Note: Do not assume your roster changes will be approved. Every situation is handled on a case by case basis.
The window to request roster changes for the 2020 World Pool Championship qualified teams is May 1, 2021 through June 15, 2021. All request for roster changes will need to go through your League Operator who will then submit to the APA National Office for review/approval.
My team is qualified for World Pool Championships. Is my team required to play weekly until the 2021 event?
Teams are not required to stay together and play as a team until the 2021 event. However, players must be on a 2021 Spring Session roster in the format (8-Ball or 9-Ball standard format) in which they are qualified and obtain at least 4 more matches played in the 2021 Spring Session to be eligible for the World Pool Championships.
APA National Office Requirements:
- Players must be on a 2021 Spring Session roster in the format (8-Ball or 9-Ball standard format) in which they qualified and obtain at least 4 more matches played in the 2021 Spring Session.
- If your Local League Area does not have a 2021 Spring Session, players must be on a 2021 Summer Session roster in the format (8-Ball or 9-Ball standard format) in which they qualified and obtain at least 4 more matches played in the 2021 Summer Session.
- Players will start the event at their Highest Skill Level. Please refer to pages 77-78 of the Official Team Manual for full details.
- 2020 Championship Qualified teams will advance with their 2020 Spring Session roster. The team must maintain 4 original members unless an exception is made.
- Players must have a 2021 membership.
NOTE: Please consult with your Local League Operator as there may be additional eligibility requirements on the Local Level.
How will common players work at the 2021 World Pool Championships?
Typically, only two common players are allowed on up to two teams at the World Pool Championships. Due to the combination of 2020 and 2021 teams competing in the same event, APA will allow up to 4 common players to be shared between two rosters in the same event. This change is in effect for the 2021 World Pool Championships only.
Recent changes to Clark County, Nevada’s COVID-19 restrictions have opened the door for APA to host its first championship event in Las Vegas since the onset of the pandemic. The APA Poolplayer Championships, scheduled for August 5 - 14 at the Westgate Las Vegas, are...
APA is making changes to its 2021 tournament schedule.The APA Poolplayer Championships, originally scheduled for April 27-May 2, 2021 at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, have been postponed until August 2021 due to restrictions imposed in response to the...
Sportsmanship is important to the integrity of APA Leagues. Congratulating your opponent when they make a good shot and celebrating with your opponent when they win adds character to the game. Keep proper score, shake hands, give high fives, smile and talk friendly to...
* All dates subject to change.
APA Masters Championship
Westgate Las Vegas
Our most aggressive of formats for our most competitive players. Get your 4 best players together and see if you have what it takes to be a master.Learn More
Westgate Las Vegas
During the Championships in Las Vegas, the APA hosts MiniMania events nearly around-the-clock, which consist of a variety of formats, providing APA members with as many opportunities as possible to compete.Learn More