APA 9-ball Doubles Championship
Rules For Participation
The APA Poolplayer Championships and Showdown Series events (collectively the “Tournament”) are operated and administered by American Poolplayers Association, Inc. and its affiliated Leagues in Canada and Japan (collectively, “APA”). APA acting through its designated officials, including APA’s Handicap Review Committee (“HRC”) is the Tournament Director for this Tournament. As Tournament Director, APA has the full, absolute and final authority to make all rulings, decisions and judgments, in the exercise of its sole discretion, on all issues and matters related to this Tournament. The Tournament Director’s rulings, determinations and judgments are final.
This is a handicapped tournament. Skill levels are calculated using The Equalizer® Handicapping System. For more information regarding The Equalizer®, refer to the APA Official Team Manual (“OTM”).
Tournament slots are obtained from your Local League Operator.
The following are rules applicable to this Tournament:
1. You must have submitted an Entry Form and entry fee prior to March 14, 2022.
2. The Rules contained in The Official APA/CPA 8-Ball & 9-Ball Game Rules Booklet and the OTM apply to all Tournament matches and are applicable except to the extent they conflict with these Rules For Participation or the Certification Statement.
3. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
4. There is an enforced casual dress code described in the Event Program and on poolplayers.com. Any player that the Tournament Director considers inappropriately dressed will be asked to change.
5. Ladies may participate at their assigned skill level, even if that assigned skill level is lower than a skill level 3. All other players must participate at a skill level 3 or higher.
6. Any player entering the Tournament under fraudulent or false pretenses or participating in the Tournament under fraudulent or false pretenses will be disqualified. Players may also be disqualified for excessive skill level movement, irregularities or falsification of any scoresheet or Certification Statement, or for sportsmanship violations affecting the integrity of the Tournament, APA or the sport.
7. APA has the absolute and final authority to make all rulings relating to, or having an effect on, the Tournament and APA Members’ participation in the Tournament, including, but not limited to, rulings regarding player ability, skill level assignment, adjustments of a player’s skill levels and disqualifications. If a player is disqualified from this Tournament for any reason, that player will forfeit all titles, awards, and prize money they would otherwise be entitled to, and receive a minimum two-year suspension of their membership in APA. Disqualification can occur prior to, during, or after the Tournament.
8. APA reserves the authority, at its sole discretion, to make modifications to the rules, format or any other aspect of the Event.
9. Roster changes will not be accepted at the Tournament site in Las Vegas.
10. To be eligible to participate in this Tournament:
- • The sum of the Highest Skill Levels of each team’s members must equal, or be less than, ten (10), unless the team won its bid through division play or a qualifying tournament, in which case the team will be allowed to start this Tournament with a combined skill level of twelve (12) or less. If the team won its bid through a qualifying tournament, and has a combined skill level of eleven (11) or twelve (12), the qualifying tournament’s bracket must be submitted with the team’s entry, or the team will not be eligible. If the team’s combined skill level exceeds the maximum, one or both players must be replaced, prior to the Tournament, to reduce the combined skill level to ten (10) or below.
• Each team must be made up of two players from the same League area who each must have at least twenty (20) 9-Ball scores within the two years* preceding March 14, 2022 and who are each on the roster of at least one active team, playing in the 9-Ball format, in the League area during the current Spring Session. *Some areas may be granted an extension due to longer shutdowns as a result of COVID.
• Players may only be on the roster of one team participating in this Tournament.
• Players who are participating in the Wheelchair Championship or 8-Ball Classic are not eligible to participate in this Tournament.
11. The Tournament Entry Fee is $100 per team. There will be no refunds issued to no-shows or to entrants who are disqualified.
12. The maximum number of teams that can enter this Modified Single Elimination Format tournament is 384. The size of the board and the breakdown of prize money will be based on the number of entries.
13. Matches are played according to an APA 9-Ball Doubles Championship “Points Must Win” Chart that will be provided at the Tournament.
14. If this Tournament is cancelled for any reason, you understand that your only remedy is a refund of your entry fee.
15. By participating in this Tournament, you accept, and agree to play by, the Championship Rules provided with these Rules For Participation and published in the Event Program.
Find Out More!
Tournament Info Request - 9-Ball Doubles Championship
View tournament results from this championship.