APA Ladies 8-Ball Championship
Rules For Participation
- Tournament slots are obtained from your Local League Operator.
- Teams entering this Event can only be female teams, with up to a maximum of 5 players allowed on the roster. Teams choose any 3 of the 5 team members to participate in each match. The total of the skill levels of the 3 players fielded in any team match cannot exceed 13.
- Players may only participate on one team.
- Players must be from the same League area.
- If players are participating on a Ladies Division roster, they must have at least ten (10) 8-Ball scores within the last year by the entry deadline of July 9, 2018.
- If players are not participating on a Ladies Division roster, they must have at least twenty (20) 8-Ball scores within the last two (2) years by the entry deadline of July 9, 2018.
- Players must have played at least four times in the Spring Session in the League area the team represents. Matches must be in the standard 8-Ball format or on a Ladies Division team.
- Players must be on an active (Summer Session) APA roster in any 8-Ball format.
- Maximum field is 256. (Size of board will be based on number of entries.)
- 100% payback of entry fees goes to the top 25% of the field. There will be no refunds to entrants who are disqualified for any reason, including no-shows.
- Matches are played according to an APA Ladies 8-Ball Championship Handicap Race Chart provided at the Event.
- Standard coaching rules apply.
- 3-Point Scoring System
- Player A wins with a shutout; they win 3-0.
- If Player A wins, but Player B wins a game, Player A gets 2-0.
- If Player A wins, but Player B makes it to the hill, the split is 2-1.
- Sudden Death will be implemented 2-hours-and-30-minutes into a match. The rack must be struck in the 3rd individual match by the 2-hours-and-30-minutes mark or a single rack is worth 2 points. If that mathematically wins the game, the match will be over. If not, there will be a second rack worth 1 point. Therefore, all 3 points will still be available in each match.
Find Out More!
View tournament results from this championship.