APA Junior Championships
Rules For Participation
- APA Championship Tournament rules apply.
- For participation in the Junior Championships, you must have entered and paid the entry fee prior to the deadline of May 15, 2021.
- Players must be between the ages of 7-18 at the time of the event.
- Players must be enrolled as a student or have graduated from high school.
- Players must have been on an active (Spring Session) APA roster and must have played at least four times in that Session in the League area the player represents.
- Players must have at least 10 scores in 8-Ball and/or 9-Ball within the last two years by the entry deadline of May 15, 2021. A combination of scores from the two formats is allowed. Any player that has only 8-Ball scores or fewer than 10 scores in 9-Ball will play at a higher skill level.
- In order to conduct a fair and equal tournament for all APA players, APA must ensure that all participants are playing at skill levels that are not below their true ability. Accordingly, the APA may disqualify any player if, in APA’s sole judgment and absolute discretion, the player is deemed by APA to be playing at a skill level below their true ability. The determination of whether a player is playing at a skill level below their true ability is necessarily subjective; APA is the sole judge of a player’s ability and may make such a determination in its absolute judgment and discretion.
- Any player entering or participating under fraudulent circumstances will be disqualified.
- APA has the absolute and final authority to make all rulings affecting participation in the APA Juniors Championships program, including player ability (i.e., correction of skill levels) and disqualification. Disqualification from this event for any reason will mean forfeiture of all titles, awards, prizes, and minimum two year suspension from the League. Disqualification can occur prior to, during, or after the event.
- The APA has the authority, at its sole discretion, to make modifications to the rules, format, or any other aspect of the Event.
- Release of APA and Tournament Sponsors: I, the participant, being of lawful age, as inducement for and in consideration of the agreement by American Poolplayers Association, Inc. (APA), that I may take part in this Event, hereby covenant and agree that the APA and all other sponsors and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively Releasees) shall not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries, including death, and/or damage to property that I may sustain in any way which result from or arise out of my preparation for or any participation in the Event. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge and covenant not to sue Releasees from any and all claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated, or unanticipated, resulting from or arising out of my preparation for or participation in the Event. I acknowledge and agree that participation in the Event may involve the risk of such personal injury, including death, and/or damage to property, and I hereby assume full responsibility for any risk of such personal injury, including death and damage to property. I warrant that I am in good health and have no physical condition that would prevent me from participating in the Event. I further agree for myself, my successors, heirs, assigns, executors and administrators to indemnify and hold Releasees harmless from and against all claims and suits for personal injuries, including death, and damage to property, real or personal, caused by my act or omission and arising out of my involvement in the Event, and from all judgments and costs recovered in said claims and suits, and from all expenses incurred in defending said claims or suits. This Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and if any portion is held invalid, the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect. This Release shall be binding on my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns. I have read and fully understand the above Release.
- Recording and Reproduction: I consent to the taping (audio and video), and/or photographing of my participation in this Event, and grant the APA and all other sponsors the right to use and reproduce my name, voice, and likeness in any and all photographs and video reproductions taken or made of myself for any purpose whatsoever. I release the APA and all other sponsors, their employees, agents, successors and assigns from any liability whatsoever for such use and reproduction of my name, voice, and likeness. I agree that the photographs, videos and any sound tracks taken or made of me are the exclusive property of the APA and/or all other sponsors, and I waive any right of inspection or review.
- If this Event is cancelled, for any reason, I understand that my only remedy is a refund of my entry fee.
- Roster changes will not be accepted at the tournament site.
*Dates, times, format and tournament rules are tentative and subject to change.