Vegas rocks, but if you’ve never been, it can be a bit overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you THRIVE while in Sin City:
10. Drink lots of water – You’re in the desert. It’s super dry. Chances are you may partake in a cocktail or two…many. Do yourself a favor – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
9. Bring a Jacket – Yes, Vegas is in the desert. Yes, it can get hot out on the strip. But, inside, the casinos love to crank the A/C.
8. Catch a ride with Uber or Lyft – You’ll save a few bucks on the cost of a taxi.
7. Set a budget – Whether you love gambling, shopping or fine dining, Vegas has it all. Set a daily budget and stick to it.
6. Download the free CompuSport app – Make the most of your time in Vegas. You can see your tournament schedule anywhere, anytime on your phone. View CompuSport here!
5. Pack some Advil – We’re not gonna bother to explain why, just do it.
4. Attend the Pool Party – Need we say more than pool party?! Come have fun with us and get some free goodies!
3. Bring a good pair of walking shoes – The casinos are ginormous! It may look like the place you want to go is just across the street, but it’s probably a 30 minute walk!
2. Take the Monorail! – It stops right at the front of the tournament venue (Westgate). Not only is it a scenic ride along the strip, but APA members get a discount at https://tickets.lvmonorail.com/APA2017/.
1. Enjoy the experience! – Whether you win or lose, savor your experience of competing on the big stage in Vegas!
For more info on qualifying for the Poolplayer Championships, visit https://poolplayers.com/pc/.